[Ffmpeg-devel] Stream copy for ffserver stream

Pranav Desai pranavdesai
Thu Dec 15 20:20:20 CET 2005

Hello All,

I an using the following version of ffmpeg:

ffmpeg version CVS, build 3277056, Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard
  configuration:
  built on Dec  8 2005 22:47:54, gcc: 3.3.2 20031022 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.2-1)
ffmpeg      CVS
libavcodec  3277056
libavformat 3211776

Here is what I am trying to do:
use the -copy flag for the acodec and vcodec and write it to ffserver feed
for streaming.
something like:
ffmpeg -i test.mpg -copy acodec -copy vcodec http://127.0.0.1:8090/feed1.ffm

Basically, trying to eliminate the enocding part. I will pre-encode
test.mpgto exactly match the parameter to (
test.mpg <-> feed1.ffm) in ffserver.conf.

Is this doable ? I looked at the ffmpeg code and it looks like, if the
output is .ffm, ffmpeg reads the parameters from ffserver.

I would appreciate any examples or pointers that could help me achieve this.

Thanks for your time.

-Pranav