[Ffmpeg-devel] Shared libraries install script broken in cvs

Måns Rullgård mru
Fri Dec 16 01:21:13 CET 2005

"John C. McCabe-Dansted" <gmatht at gmail.com> writes:

> On Friday 16 December 2005 11:53, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:
>> > OK, let me ask more directly: Are you in favor of dropping ldconfig and
>> > creating those symlinks ourselves?
>>
>> I'd be happy with it.  It would save me the trouble of creating the
>> links myself, or running ldconfig manually.  If someone is strongly
>> opposed to this idea, I'm fine with using modified makefiles myself.
>
> Another way would be to explicitly tell ldconfig what our lib path is. E.g.
> running
> 	ldconfig $(libdir)
> Also fixes the problem.

That will still fail trying to update the cache file if you are not
root.

It should also be noted that on FreeBSD, ldconfig never creates any
links at all.  All it does is update a cache file.  The versioned
filenames must exist before ldconfig is run.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com