[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg on AT91 (at91rm9200)

Saint-Genest Gwenael gwen
Tue Dec 20 17:04:41 CET 2005

Hi,

    I'm trying to use ffmpeg on a board with an AT91RM9200 processor but
i've some problems. The CPU speed is 180MHz.

    The cross-compiler works fine (with --cpu=armv4l), ffplay and my own
application seems to work. But ... i've a big performance problem : when
i'm tying to play mp3 file (from a ramdisk) the cpu load is 99% and the
uncompressed datas are available very slow and can't be played directly :(

    I've made some tests with differents versions of gcc (2.95.3 ; 3.2 ;
3.4)
with differents glibc (2.2 & 2.3) and the result is always the same.

    I've also test with libmad and this works fine (50% of CPU and datas
send direcly to sound card are good). I need ffmpeg because the target is
to play WMA sound.

    Is anyone have some informations if ffmpeg can work better on ARM9
processor ? (maybe some bench informations ?)

Thanks a lot,

G. Saint-Genest