[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Rate control and H.264

Dave Baker dave
Wed Dec 21 18:00:44 CET 2005

Hi,

I saw the message at:
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20051202.104629.cee3c861.en.html

This is to confirm that I'm having the same problem with ffmpeg CVS snapshot
as of 21 December. I'm trying to encode video with an average bitrate of
192kbps and audio 48kbps and getting a total average bitrate of around
550kbps. The command I'm using is:

ffmpeg -b 192 -ab 48 -bufsize 256 -i "$1" -vcodec h264 -acodec aac -s 360x288
-cropleft 20 -cropright 20 -cropbottom 16 -croptop 16 -ac 1 -ar 22050
"$dest_file"

I've submitted a bug report which contains a little more detail, along with
complete ffmpeg output at:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1387298&group_id=16082&atid=116082

I really need bitrate control right now, since I'm trying to use ffmpeg to
generate videos for streaming, so it would be very useful to me if this were
fixed soon!

Thanks,

Dave Baker