[Ffmpeg-devel] mmx/sse optimizations

Martin Boehme boehme
Thu Dec 22 12:51:30 CET 2005

Michel Bardiaux wrote:
> Rich Felker wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 12:40:13AM +0100, Marcus Engene wrote:
>>
>>> Out of curiosity I was googling for mmx & sse info and stumbled upon:
>>> http://www.tommesani.com
>>> He has a program to aid development of mmx/sse optimizations.
>>

>> "aid"....
>>

>>> Has anybody here used it? If so, any opinions about it?
>>

>> no and i doubt anyone will, judging from the way the page promotes it.
>> btw are you a spammer associated with the person who wrote this crap
>> and trying to promote it to us? if so you picked the wrong target
>> audience...
>>
>> rich
>>
> If you havent tried it, why call it crap? I havent tried it either, but
> I have found the doc on MMX and SSE available on this site quite
> valuable. (Once you have an idea of the name for some of the ops you
> need for a particular purpose, web searches often direct you straight to
> a page with useable code!)

Well, modulo Rich's inimitable style ;-) I was going to say pretty much
the same thing. Looks to me like this is a pretty thin wrapper around
MMX/SSE that is supposed to make it look a little less intimidating.

Quoting from the website:

"Quexal supports the Microsoft Visual C++, Borland C++ Builder and
Borland Delphi compilers"

"Ordering Quexal is only 59$"

Hm... this is going to be really popular with the ffmpeg-devel crowd... ;-)

Martin

--
Martin B?hme
Inst. f. Neuro- and Bioinformatics