[Ffmpeg-devel] overapped block motion estimation

Loren Merritt lorenm
Sun Dec 25 22:44:26 CET 2005

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> Hi
>
> does anyone have any tips/papers/pointers/... for $subj, it might help
> improving snow ...

Some random papers that looked interesting:

"A parametric solution for optimal overlapped block motion compensation"
B.Tao, M.Orchard
IEEE transactions on image processing, vol 10, no 3, 2001
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/iel5/83/19611/00908497.pdf

"Fast overlapped block motion compensation with checkerboard block partitioning"
T.Kuo, C.Kuo
IEEE transactions on circuits and systems for video technology, vol 8, no 6, 1998
http://viola.usc.edu/newextra/Publication/PDF/selected/1998_IEEE-CSVT_Kuo.pdf

"Optimal unified approach to warping and overlapped block motion estimation in video coding"
A.Nosratina, M.Orchard
SPIE VCIP, 1996
I can't find the original, but I've mirrored it at
http://students.washington.edu/lorenm/vcip96_nosratina.pdf

--Loren Merritt