[Ffmpeg-devel] Could not find sync stream #1.0

Wolfram Gloger wmglo
Tue Jul 12 15:28:17 CEST 2005

> I have not spotted the exact day when this functionality broke, but
> at least as of 2005 06 01, ffmpeg produces the following output and
> exits.
>

> ffmpeg -i /home/ren/movie.vob  -f avi -vtag "DIVX" -vcodec mpeg4
> -acodec mp3 -map 0.0:0.0 -map 0.1:0.1  /home/ren/movie.avi -acodec mp3
> -map 0.3:1.0 /home/ren/movie.mp3

This has worked only by chance :-).
I think you mean:

 ffmpeg -i /home/ren/movie.vob  -f avi -vtag "DIVX" -vcodec mpeg4
 -acodec mp3 -map 0.0 -map 0.1 /home/ren/movie.avi -acodec mp3
 -map 0.3 /home/ren/movie.mp3

The -map ... stuff is slightly confusing, you simply specify the
streams in the order you want, per output file.  The additional
parameter after the colon is new, it specifies the input stream to
sync against.  Since you have only a single input stream, the "-map
0.3:1.0" fails.

Regards,
Wolfram.