[Ffmpeg-devel] Closing all GOPs.

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Sat Jul 16 20:10:25 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 7/16/05, M?ns Rullg?rd <mru at inprovide.com> wrote:

> Julio C?sar Carrascal said:
> > Hi. I'm trying to create a compliant video for a DVD with mencoder.
> > Right now most DVD creation programs (Nero Vision, Sony DVD Architect
> > and DVD-Lab PRO) complaint because the GOPs aren't closed in the file
> > and try to re-encode it. I asked in the mencoder-users list and they
> > thold me that the feature wasn't implemented and I should ask here.
> >
> > My question would be: Is "cgop" going to be implemented any time soon?
> > If so, any idea when will a release be available?
>
> It's been there for a year or so, at least.  IIRC, CODEC_FLAG_CLOSED_GOP
> or something similar is the internal name.  I'm sure someone else can
> tell you how to have mencoder use it.

It should be already implemented in MEncoder. ve_lavc.c:612 has this:

#ifdef CODEC_FLAG_CLOSED_GOP
    lavc_venc_context->flags|= lavc_param_closed_gop;
#endif

What I'm not too sure though is if CODEC_FLAG_CLOSED_GOP is always
defined so this part of the code get compiled or not. MPlayer's doc
says that closed GOP is not implemented yet.

Guillaume
--
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to
get its pants on.