[Ffmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel-old] rtp mpeg4 packetize problem

Zoltan NAGY nagyz
Wed Jul 20 10:26:16 CEST 2005

Luca Abeni wrote:

>What I did is pretty simple, and works ok:
>1) send only 1 frame per rtp packet (no more than 1 frame)

how can I get a frame out of an mpeg4 video file? I mean, I suspected
av_read_frame(), but that gives back an AVPacket, and that's only 52 bytes
(according to sizeof(AVPacket) )...
so, how can I get one frame out of a video using libavcodec?
and then I manually have to but the rtp header on it, right?

>2) if a frame does not fit in a single rtp packet, split it in more
>packets, setting the M flag to 1 only on the last one. It is important
>that the last packet contains only the end of the frame (and not the
>beginning of the next one, for example).

what M flag? and how can I set it?

well, sorry for the newbie questions, but I'd like to learn :-)

Thanks in advance,

Zoltan NAGY,
Software Engineer