[Ffmpeg-devel] Patch to allow use of already open files

Andy Parkins andyparkins
Sat Jul 23 21:01:56 CEST 2005

On Friday 22 July 2005 23:46, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> nice indention style

Oh jees; I'm sorry about that.  I started by just copying pipe_open() and then
added to it.  I've got vim set to hard tabs so anything I copied has soft
tabs, anything I added is hard tabs.  Hard tabs converted to soft tabs in the
attached patch.

> [...]
>
> > +    h->is_streamed = 1;
>
> why?

As I mentioned, I think that this is only useful for non-file file descriptors
(otherwise why wouldn't you just use the file protocol), so you're probably
using a non-file file descriptor like a pipe or a socket, so it seemed
sensible to set this.

Andy

--
Dr Andrew Parkins, M Eng (hons), AMIEE