[Ffmpeg-devel] mov doesn't set FPS?

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje
Sun Jul 24 12:31:11 CEST 2005

hi Michael,

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 17:25, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Friday 22 July 2005 17:05, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > libavformat/mov.c in CVS has two places where it sets time_base, both
> > commented out. The result is that the FPS is not set. With the instance
> > in mov_read_stsd() not commented out, it works fine (_stts() isn't
> > always called, it seems).
> >
> > Simple patch attached (or is there a reason for this?)
>
> rejected, setting the time_base to fixed 1/25 just cant be correct, can it be?
> not to mention that you mix codec and demuxer time_bases

Whoops, that's young enthusiasm, I'm affraid, sorry. Attached is a
somewhat more intelligent patch that actually specifies the correct
framerate for the few movies that I tested.

What do you mean with codec/demux time-base? I think that in mov, those
are the same, at least for video tracks, given the values of time_scale
for the video tracks.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>