[Ffmpeg-devel] Compilation issues on Solaris 10 AMD64 using SUN linker/cc

Moinak Ghosh moinakg2002
Sun Jul 24 16:53:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

   While compiling FFMpeg using SUN Studio 10 on
Solaris 10 running on an AMD64 box, I faced a linker
issue. The SUN linker cribbed while linking the file
libavcodec/liba52/resample_mmx.c.

The error message was something like: relocations
remain against relocatable non-writable text secions.
This happened even though the PIC flag was set and the

problem exists in the CVS version as well.

Finally I had to change the assembly code in
resample_mmx.c to use %ebp relative addressing to
access the vaiables magicF2W and wm* .  I moved the
variable declarations onto the function stacks.

Context diffs are attached in this email.

Regards,
Moinak.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs