[Ffmpeg-devel] fix --disable-encoders

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Jul 24 21:29:09 CEST 2005

Hi

On Sunday 24 July 2005 18:52, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 14:56, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Sunday 24 July 2005 14:45, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > > Will an additional --disable-muxers be accepted instead?
> >
> > yes, but IMHO we should first a --disable for each muxer individually
>
> How would you like that done, sir? :). Should I get rid of all
> <bla>_init() functions and move their (de)mux initializers to
> av_format_register_all() in avformat.c, similar to how it's done in
> lavc?

yes

> And what do you want to do with the image formats (which don't
> compile with --disable-encoders/decoders, because that gets rid of the
> put_*() and get_*() functions)?

iam not sure which functions you are talking about but id say put them under
both muxer and (de)coder #ifdefs

> Lastly, you'll notice that --disable-single-encoder doesn't do a thing
> except for getting rid of the actual codec registration; the code is
> still compiled in the lib, so binary size doesn't decrease. Is that
> something marked for fixage later or is it intentional?

later fixage (patch welcome), all non static parts of a codec should be put
under the correct #ifdefs, in practice this probably means most often
replacing CONFIG_EN/DECODERS by the single en/decoder #ifdef

Michael