[Ffmpeg-devel] versions, ABIs and sonames

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen danchr
Mon Jul 25 18:09:12 CEST 2005

On 23/07/05, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> if theres some interrest then ill change the meaning of the current
> LIBAV*_BUILD number from integer to aabbcc 3 element version vector or do we
> need more then 100 of each?

I decided to do this as part of the final cleanups for Darwin dynamic
libraries, and I have a two questions:
- do you want separate versions for libavcodec, libavformat and libpostproc?
- do you want aabbcc to be interpreted in decimal or hexadecimal?

I can do the Darwin part, and try to do the Linux part. However, I
don't have access to a Linux box so I can't test it.

- Dan