[Ffmpeg-devel] Fix for overflow issue in mpegvideo.c

Martin Boehme boehme
Tue Jul 26 16:15:21 CEST 2005

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 July 2005 13:19, Martin Boehme wrote:
>>Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>>btw i dont think buf_size=width*height*1.5 is enough, try random 255/0
>>>sample values at qp=1, btw2 if you actually try this i would be
>>>interrested in the results
>>
>>Tried it, with MPEG-4 I get about width*height*3.63 bytes per frame...
>>ouch. So I now use width*height*4... ;-) under the assumption that the
>>above is just about the worst case... (BTW, is that true?)
>
> probably not

Hm, my feeling, too... any chance of computing an upper limit on the
amount of data the encoder can spit out? (I'm not necessarily advocating
doing this... just interested...)

Martin

--
Martin B?hme