[Ffmpeg-devel] ratecontrol advice

Dan Finkelstein df1
Fri Jul 29 00:51:56 CEST 2005

Hi --

I have also noticed the same phenomena where the h263 encoder will take a
number of seconds to converge to a sharp image.  My observation is that
when a quick movement is made, the image becomes quite blurry and will
slowly converge.  I've also had trouble picking parameters in the encoder
so that the frames are encoded up to a desired maximum data rate and the
quality remains decent.  (I'm using ffmpeg from cvs a couple of weeks back.)

If you happen across a solution to this, could you please pass it my way !
I'll be glad to test it...

Thanks,
Dan