[Ffmpeg-devel] av_dup_packet, avcodec/avformat documentation

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jun 24 21:41:58 CEST 2005

Hi

On Friday 24 June 2005 18:38, Sven Heyll wrote:
> Hi,
> Two short newby question, I hope to be on the right list..
> 0. Thanks for your great open source work!
>
> 1. What exactly does av_dup_packet do?

the buffer of an AVPacket is either used just for one packet and allocated
with av_malloc() (lets call them non-shared packets) or its from somewhere
else like part of another packet or a reuseable buffer (lets call these
shared)
av_dup_packet() changes the shared buffer type AVPackets to non shared by
malloc+memcpy

> 2. Why are many vital parts not documented?

well, we are lazy

> (- I would like to volunteer
> writing documentation, just give me some work todo! ;-) )

well, just document things and send a patch
if you dont know where to start, just pick a randomly choosen file and
document every function, structure, structure field in doxygen compatible way

Michael