[Ffmpeg-devel] watermark vhook and -vcodec copy

Chris chris
Wed Jun 29 16:11:16 CEST 2005

> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > If you are not concerned with cpu consumption there is another way.
> >
> > The watermark image decoding follows Martin B?hmes excellent guide and
> > should (as in: is not thoroughly tested) be able to use a video stream
> > for watermark instead of a static image. You could try to generate a
> > video stream with the watermark and after X seconds you tone the whole
> > frame to gray (#808080) and it won't affect the output anymore.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Marcus
>
> Or you can use the new -c flag.
>
> Would somebody be kind enough to apply?
>
> Thanks!
> Marcus

Marcus,

It doesn't help with this particular issue as the whole input would still
need to be encoded not copied. I have a pseudo solution in adding the
watermark to the beginning/end of a file using -ss & -t and then
concatenating the -vcodec copy output.

I do however have another requirement and the -c flag will come in handy for
that. The only other addition I would like to see is another flag to
indicate the start frame. i.e. "apply watermark to -c frames starting at
frame -s"

Regards,

Chris