[Ffmpeg-devel] watermark vhook and -vcodec copy

Rich Felker dalias
Wed Jun 29 16:49:24 CEST 2005

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 10:07:01AM +0100, Chris wrote:

> > > My intention is to use it to add a
> > > watermark for a set duration say 10 seconds, and it works well. I would
> > like
> > > to be able to do this to ffmpeg runs where the -vcodec copy parameter is
> > > used but it is not working, unsurprisingly.
> > >

> > > Has anyone managed to get a vhook working for -vcodec copy? Is anyone
> > > interested in attempting it?
> >
> > No, this is complete and utter nonsense. Copying video frames and
> > modifying them are mutually exclusive.
> >
> > Rich
> >

> Nonsense maybe... I am aware they are mutually exclusive. What I was
> implying is that copying video frames takes place but for a set
> duration/number of frames, vhook is invoked. I.e. encoding.
>
> I think a combination of -ss an -t will get me where I need to be.

OK, so what you want is reencoding for a while, up to the first
keyframe after a given timestamp, then framecopy for the rest of the
file? This is possible but not currently supported. You can do it
manually with some fancy cuts, but it'll be a pain.

Rich