[Ffmpeg-devel] Revised os2.diff

Matti Hamalainen mhamalai
Sun May 1 17:26:41 CEST 2005

On Sun, 1 May 2005, Fred Rothganger wrote:

> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
> > IIRC there must be no spaces before #
> > so
> > +    #ifdef CONFIG_OS2
> > will cause problems
> >

>    I use spaces before the # regularly with impunity.  Compiles ok under bothe
> gcc and msvc.  However, if you want spaces, I think the style of putting them
> after the # is nicer.

Some preprocessors (GNU cpp too, in traditional mode) actually _require_
that the preprocessor directive  starts from the first column of line
(whitespaces are allowed after '#' though). I don't know if this has any
relevance to FFMPEG project, but I  think it's a widely used practice to
do the right way(tm).

Some references:
http://tigcc.ticalc.org/doc/cpp.html
http://aragorn.uio.no/nanvaent/manpages/concepts/preprocessor.html

I couldn't find any references to C standards though, so this may just be
a implementation related quirk that has been "circumvented" by following
path of least resistance.

--
] ccr/TNSP^DKD^pWp :: ccr(at)tnsp(dot)org :: http://ccr.tnsp.org/
] Fingerprint: 0466 95ED 96DF 3701 C71D   D62D 10A6 28A6 1374 C112