[Ffmpeg-devel] Frame rates and time_base

Måns Rullgård mru
Sat May 7 18:28:17 CEST 2005

Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> writes:

>> > Yes, the demuxer somehow has to repack the "header packets" at the
>> > beginning of the stream into "extradata"..
>>
>> I get that, and that's also what I did, and got garbage results.
>> Looking at the source code, I see it's not quite complete.  I'll try
>> using libtheora instead.
>
> There are several header packets which somehow need to be delimited in
> extradata, and afaik no specification on how it's supposed to be done.
> Leave it to Xiph to come up with something as idiotic as multiple
> header packets just for the sake of making it hard to store Theora in
> other containers than ogg...

I know all about that.  Obviously, I used whatever formatting
libavcodec expects.  What I didn't know, was the libavcodec theora
decoder doesn't work at all.  I knew it was missing something, but
wasn't sure how much.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com