[Ffmpeg-devel] Any suggestions about "press [q] to stop encoding" with "using-stdin"?

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Mon May 9 11:20:45 CEST 2005

Bo Xie wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I know if I use stdin I can not "press [q] to stop encoding". But I
> really want to use this feature. Any suggestions are welcome and
> appreciated!
>
> Best Regards,
> Xie Bo

You will have to modify the keyboard interrupt management code in ffmpeg
so that it opens /dev/tty if there is one, and uses that instead of
fileno(stdin). AAMOF I thingk this patch could be effective even if
stdin is not a pipe but the tty too, so publish it.

--
Michel Bardiaux
Peaktime Belgium S.A.  Bd. du Souverain, 191  B-1160 Bruxelles