[Ffmpeg-devel] build broken again...

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Mon May 9 22:30:56 CEST 2005

Rich Felker wrote:

> Other way around: non-pic only fails on broken and idiotic archs
> wasting speed. Speed is what matters; memory doesn't. And you won't
> waste much memory unless you're running a bloated gui system anyway,
> since most libs are only loaded very few times.

Sigh, WHY I should waste N*size of library just because I want a
theoretical gain of 1/32 on integer only library?

I'm wasting memory if I'm using a system with many applications running.

If you want speed you can always statically link, isn't it?

> Then fix them. It's a bug in the dynamic linker, not the arch itself.

Text relocation are bogus.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Developer		Gentoo/PPC Operational Manager
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero