[Ffmpeg-devel] Memory leakage when using libavcodec with ffmpeg2theora

Måns Rullgård mru
Wed May 11 17:08:55 CEST 2005

Viktor Kompaneyets <vato at wnet.ua> writes:

>> Would you please try to obtain a sample of smaller than 50MB that
>> shows the problem?
>
> No, I'd found, that problem  can't be estimated in less than 400MB file :(
> When slice size is less the problem don't develops itself.

Just upload the smallest file you have that causes the warning about
motion vectors.  If there's a leak, it's detectable even if it's only
a single byte.

>> > I'm not shure - ffmpeg itself, when running leaks too, even running in
>> > such manner:
>> > ffmpeg -i /dev/dvb/stream\
>> >   -sameq -vcodec mpeg2video\
>> >   -acodec copy  -f mpeg2video /dev/null
>> >
>> > So problem is (perhaps) in mpeg2video module
>>
>> So it would seem.  If we get a sample, we can investigate.
>
> And you get no one - you will not investigate?

Without a way to trigger the bug, it's very difficult to find it, so
the answer is no.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com