[Ffmpeg-devel] Compilation with --enable-theora fails

matthieu castet castet.matthieu
Thu May 12 01:24:27 CEST 2005

Rich Felker wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 09:31:40PM +0200, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>>And before I'd consider
>>anything related to matroska a de facto standard, I'd want to see at
>>least a few percent of the files in the wild to be in matroska format.
>>So far, I have come across two (2) matroska files, not counting sample
>>files.
>

> Download anime. There are hundreds, probably thousands of files in
> Matroska format. Most of them have vorbis audio, although more and
> more are (stupidly) AAC instead now because of a myth that it
> compresses better. I can give you plenty of samples (first few megs of
> a file) if you want to see... Or just browse anidb.info to look at all
> the mkv files in the database.

Yes but compare it to the number of avi : there are a big minority. I
could say there hundreds wmv or even ogm...

<troll>
mkv are often use for dvd-rip and I don't download it : there often have
a useless non-japanese stream, the subtitle aren't top quality, there
are missing part (preview at the end of the episode), because the
subtitle need to be incrusted (because no player (at least on linux) is
able to display correctly the ssa/ass with effect) the subtitle stream
is useless,...

count the number of mkv on a.scarywater.net ...
</troll>