[Ffmpeg-devel] [Ss][Nn][Oo][Ww] spelling^wbranding

Mike Melanson mike
Thu May 12 19:04:29 CEST 2005

Erik Slagter wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 09:00 -0600, Mike Melanson wrote:
>
>>>Sorry for bothering, but is there an official spelling or not?  Or is it
>>>just "I don't care, follow your own preference.", which is also fine.
>>
>>	Conventionally, FOURCCs from AVI files are uppercase. I would vote for
>>SNOW (and that is the current FOURCC).
>

> Aarrrgggg, capitals are ugly! Also they tend to be favoured by ugly
> operating systems and applications (= because they are archaic).

	It's a miracle we get anything accomplished on these lists at all. Read
fourcc.org and look at the extensive legacy of capital fourccs. I'm
sorry if you don't like capital letters. But standards and conventions
aren't about your feelings. :)

--
	-Mike Melanson