[Ffmpeg-devel] Memory leakage when using libavcodec with ffmpeg2theora

Viktor Kompaneyets vato
Thu May 12 20:24:01 CEST 2005

? ????????? ?? ???????, 12-???-2005 20:56 Bill May ???????(a):
> You might want to rerun the test with show-reachables=yes; this
> will give you a dump of where the memory that is reachable is
> malloced.

I'll do it tomorrow.
only one question - should I use ffmpeg_g for test?

> I think you'll find that these are static defines, not reoccurring;
> with the version I'm using, the mallocs occur in MPV_encode_init,
> line 596 of mpegvideo.c, the malloc of default_mv_penalty, which
> should be done only 1 time.
>
> A malloc that is only done 1 time is not fatal.

You're right!
But program, that runs in valgrind had more than twice in memory growth while
running!
And resulting bitrate is not equal to those, that was produced in real
execution.

So, in real circumstances it will ran out-of memory after a couple of hours in
execution!

--
Viktor Kompaneyets
Wnet ISP