[Ffmpeg-devel] Compilation with --enable-theora fails

Måns Rullgård mru
Thu May 12 23:34:28 CEST 2005

"Fran?ois Revol" <revol at free.fr> writes:

>> > A Japanese person watching a French movie would almost certainly
>> > like to have subtitles in kanji.
>>
>> And they will almost certainly have a kanji font on their computer,
>> ne?
>
> Sane OSes use UTF-8 by default, and have the needed fonts for that.

Fonts and encodings are separate, at least to some extent.  Even if
you use utf-8 as your character encoding, you need to have quite few
fonts to cover all the alphabets.  I use utf-8, but I still don't have
fonts for lots of alphabets I can't read anyway.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com