[Ffmpeg-devel] reentering code

François Revol revol
Fri May 13 14:01:17 CEST 2005

> ffmpeg code is not reentering. is there any config option to obtain
> reentering dlls?

It's called reentrant, and no there is no such option because some of
us are unix fools and don't care about multithreading :P

The best you can do is protecting the codec instanciation functions,
see
libavcodec/beosthread.c. I suggest implementing the same functions I
did for win32: avcodec_thread_lock_lib() and
avcodec_thread_unlock_lib().
With that you can use codec contexts from different therads, but not
the same ctx from 2 threads. Should be enough for most cases.

Fran?ois.