[Ffmpeg-devel] About URLContext

Mike Lee eemike
Sun May 15 15:11:15 CEST 2005

Dear all
    i am now planning to write a streaming server with libavcodec and
libavformat. After take a look on libavformat, i do have a suggestion,
but don't know whether it is good or even it is done by other format.
     My suggestion is that why not add something like url_bind,
url_accept...etc. in the URLContext, in order to make URLContext
become a wrapper to all sort of protocols including server ability. I
also seen that there is a urlpoll function in avio.h  which may
benefit streaming server. Why i said that because i think it is too
bulky to use ffmpeg and ffserver together in some environment with
small resources.e.g. embedded system.
    Actually, i am now adding url_accept functions, if developers want
it i can share the codes.

    Please tell me if there is other better solution for this.

best regard
Mike,Lee