[Ffmpeg-devel] VP3/Theora Perfection

Milan Cutka milan_cutka
Mon May 16 09:17:52 CEST 2005

> I have been carefully reading the Theora spec and I think I understand
> the loop filter now. Well, "understand" might be a strong word. At
> least, I think I recognize the mathematical mechanics of the loop
> filter. Unfortunately, my primary development machine is having troubles
> so I can not effectively test the logic. I have attached a patch. Can
> someone test it out and see if the video problems magically go away or
> if the video at least looks a little better? Please test on a VP3 sample
> since there is more logic to hook up for Theora.

The patch didn't applied cleanly to CVS version of vp3.c:

patching file `vp3.c'
Hunk #8 FAILED at 2351.
Hunk #9 FAILED at 2359.
Hunk #10 FAILED at 2370.
Hunk #11 FAILED at 2381.
Hunk #12 succeeded at 2681 with fuzz 1.
4 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to vp3.c.rej

After applying remaining changes manually and testing
/MPlayer/samples/V-codecs/VP3/vp31.avi I saw no improvement.

  Milan