[Ffmpeg-devel] VP3/Theora Perfection

Mike Melanson mike
Thu May 19 04:47:14 CEST 2005

Hi,
	I have replaced unpack_token() with a series of lookup tables in vp3.c.
Now vp3data.h has more lines than vp3.c. Again, please test as I do not
have great testing facilities right now. However, I did run a series of
tests that validated a bunch of decoded tokens against the old function.

	Numbers for the speed freaks:

[original]
1223 dezicycles in unpack_token, 32757 runs, 11 skips
1202 dezicycles in unpack_token, 65512 runs, 24 skips
[new]
845 dezicycles in unpack_token, 32735 runs, 33 skips
841 dezicycles in unpack_token, 65466 runs, 70 skips

	What should I optimize next?
--
	-Mike Melanson