[Ffmpeg-devel] FFMpeg mpeg demuxer misses detection of dts track

Joakim Plate joakim.plate
Fri May 20 14:49:53 CEST 2005

Noticed an miss in the codec_id detection of the mpeg demuxer. Atleast when
decoding mpeg's muxed for dvd, not entirely sure about other types. Found a
dvd that had an DTS track that wasn't being detected as DTS. Turned out it
had a id of 137. (physicalid 1 as libdvdnav returns). FFMpeg doesn't think a
track is dts untill id 138 as it is now. (before the pes header parsing was
added, still should do it correctly without i think)

I'm not entirly sure i'm correct in assuming this, but asfar as i've been
able to figure out (xine and mplayer source + web), the last 3 bits of the
id of wich the mpegstream was muxed with, defines the physicalid of the
stream, the other bits define the type. That would mean that we should start
to count from 136 as first dts track. Also makes sence as dvd specs tells
that a dvd can only contain 8 audio tracks.

Gladiator DVD
AC3 (ID:128) (PhysicalId 0 as reported by libdvdnav)
|   [SUBTYPE]   |   |   ID  |
1   0   0   0   0   0   0   0

DTS (ID:137) (PhysicalId 1 as reported by libdvdnav)
|   [SUBTYPE]   |   |   ID  |
1   0   0   0   1   0   0   1