[Ffmpeg-devel] int vs. float: Hard Numbers

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Sat May 21 02:56:08 CEST 2005

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> For multimedia?  Not really.  Many codecs do not work since you cannot
> load binary DLLs and a few others have horrible performance like AC3.  I
> cannot watch DVDs on my 1.5GHz G4 since liba52 takes around 90% CPU...
I'm trying to resume/update linux performance counter right now.

A possible performance counter infrastructure (PMON) could be found there:

http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero/distfiles/pmon-0.2.tar.bz2
or on the freescale site (not sure there now)

I lost the patch to have similar behaving START_TIMER/STOP_TIMER but
won't take much time (10min to sort out the right value from the PEM)

The problems with DoomIII are more or less due the x86/win32
optimizations/assumptions that won't fix so well on ppc/osx and problems
with the apple opengl implementation IIRC.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Developer		Gentoo/PPC Operational Manager
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero