[Ffmpeg-devel] int vs. float: Hard Numbers

matthieu castet castet.matthieu
Sat May 21 11:26:45 CEST 2005

Hi,

Luca Barbato wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>
>>For multimedia?  Not really.  Many codecs do not work since you cannot
>>load binary DLLs and a few others have horrible performance like AC3.  I
>>cannot watch DVDs on my 1.5GHz G4 since liba52 takes around 90% CPU...
>
> I'm trying to resume/update linux performance counter right now.
>
> A possible performance counter infrastructure (PMON) could be found there:
>
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero/distfiles/pmon-0.2.tar.bz2
> or on the freescale site (not sure there now)
>
> I lost the patch to have similar behaving START_TIMER/STOP_TIMER but
> won't take much time (10min to sort out the right value from the PEM)
>

> The problems with DoomIII are more or less due the x86/win32
> optimizations/assumptions that won't fix so well on ppc/osx and problems
> with the apple opengl implementation IIRC.

Well, you could just use mftb and mftbu to read the time base counter on
PPC. (on 64 bits mftb read 64 bits, but on 32 bit you need to read the
upper bits with mftbu and lower bits with mftb).

Matthieu

PS : you could find how to read ts counter for lot's of arch in
asm-x/timex.h