[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] internal theora/vp3 decoding doesnt handle the full theora format

Mike Melanson mike
Mon May 23 21:12:27 CEST 2005

bond wrote:
> i noticed that the libavcodec vp3/theora decoder doesnt handle decoding all
> the theora
> format features, even those which are not covered by vp3 but have been added
> the theora specs for extending its capabilities.

	True, we still have not implemented all of the Theora features.

> 2) derf's theora encoder, which in contrary to the vp3-based theora encoder
> supports all
> theora features, even those not being part of vp3. derf's encoder is written
> from scratch and
> is going to replace the current, still vp3-based xiph theora reference
> encoder soon and can

	Wow, this is good news.

> i uploaded such a stream encoded with derf's encoder to incoming/theora
> called theora_derf.ogg

	Thanks for the sample. This should help us implement the remaining
features. We are aware the features exist but have not found a good way
to test their implementation.

	Who knows? Maybe we can create a new VP3/Theora encoder for libavcodec.

--
	-Mike Melanson