[Ffmpeg-devel] Adding new codecs...

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Thu May 26 08:29:14 CEST 2005

Ravi Chandra Nallan wrote:

> How can one add the codec, if I can find it, to the ffmpeg so that it
> can be streamed using that codec?
Write/adapt it to ffmpeg...  guess that isn't the answer you want.
> Also are there any good open source streaming s/w so that I can find how
> streaming is exactly implemented.
depends on what you intend for streaming. for rtsp/rtp you can have a
look at:

darwin streaming server (that I do not like)

ffserver and ffmpeg (rtp/rtsp components may need some improvements)

fenice and nemesi ( streaming.polito.it )

vlc/vls ( www.videolan.org early implementation)

fenice and nemesi are probably the more compact and relatively easy to
understand since are in clean C and are JUST rtp/rtsp client and server.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Developer		Gentoo/PPC Operational Manager
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero