[Ffmpeg-devel] mpeg transport streams

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri May 27 12:43:42 CEST 2005

Hi all,

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 14:20, Mean wrote:
> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
[...]
> >Those problems are more likely caused by some of the other flaws of
> >the lavf ts muxer.
> >

> The biggest one was total lack of PCR   as said in a previous episod.
Yes, the missing PCR is a big problem, but not the only one...

> Once the PCR is there (the patch adds it apparently) it might be good
> enough (tm)
I do not think so... In my experience, even if the PCR field is
correctly filled the mpegts muxer will still produce streams that cause
buffer overruns/underruns in most set-top-boxes (this problem is not
visible using a software player, because it generally has larger
buffer).
I noticed that changing the PES size fixed some of such problems
(because audio and video packets can be interleaved in a better way). Of
course, as M?ns pointed out the PES size is not the real problem, but
changing the PES size is (in my experience) the easiest workarond.

				Luca