[Ffmpeg-devel] Decoding a single MPEG2 GOP, missing 2 frames?

leon jorgunsen leon.jorgunsen
Sat May 28 15:53:38 CEST 2005

Dear Bob and Mean,

You may have a look at the GOP header semantics section of the MPEG-2 Video specification.
The closed_gop flag of the GOP header indicates if you can decode correctly the B frames belonging to the previous GOP.
In your case Bob, this flag is probably set to 0.

--Leon