[Ffmpeg-devel] MPEG4 Hardware compression

Vincent Derrien vincent.listes
Tue May 31 13:16:35 CEST 2005

Hi,

Currently I stream an entire DVB-T frequency with VLC/FFMPEG. The
network flow is 3mb/s MPEG2 per channel with a total of 6 channels.

For constraints, I need a stream between 1 and 2 mb/s. I think about
one solution :
- Encode in real time MPEG4. For this, I've tried transcodage with
VLC but each channel use 1,5 Ghz of CPU which do 9 Ghz with 6
channels. In this case, does it exist MPEG4 real time card for
hardware encode working with Linux and VLC /FFMPEG ?

Thanks in advance for your ideas and your advises.

--
Vincent