[Ffmpeg-devel] Odd AVFrame.linesize Values when Decoding MPEG2

Rich Felker dalias
Thu Oct 6 01:45:04 CEST 2005

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 06:21:35PM -0400, Paul Curtis wrote:
> Rich Felker wrote:
>
> >If you enable edge emulation (which also makes decoding faster) then
> >linesize will be equal to width as long as width is a multiple of 16,
> >but you should not rely on this to be the case.
>
> CODEC_FLAG_EMU_EDGE solved the problem. It's not something I would have
> found anywhere. Thanks for the tip.

Well, like I said it's not good to rely on this. And it will never be
true that linesize==width if width is not a multiple of 16. Your code
should handle the case where linesize != width if you want it to be
safe.

Rich