[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] H.264 + AltiVec == heavy artefacts

Romain Dolbeau romain
Thu Oct 6 16:06:47 CEST 2005

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> OK, I'll try to narrow it down a bit more.

> Any H.264 sample will exhibit the problem and be completely unwatchable.

This is becoming interesting. I just tried 2 different samples, one
that use a subset of the functions, one that use them all. Both
decode to perfect bit-exactness compared to the C implementation.
The resulting YUV also looked fine to me (but my eyes are not to
be trusted :-( ).

So now let's try the usual suspects: what compiler, what OS, what CPU(s),
what extra compiler option(s) are you using ? And a common sample
between us would be useful, too.

I tried on a dual-7450 @ 867 (1 CPU disabled for perf. test), compiled
with 'gcc version 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1666)'
running on MacOS X 10.3.9.

--
Romain Dolbeau
<romain at dolbeau.org>