[Ffmpeg-devel] frame accept question

Bram Biesbrouck b
Thu Oct 6 17:45:33 CEST 2005

Hi,

I used the output_example.c file as a framework for my program. In a loop of
(say) 50 iterations, I feed the encoder 50 screenshots (encoder-framerate=25
fps, images are 1024x710 px, depth 24 and 32 bpp). I timed the generation of
one image and it takes the generator about 10 ms, so that leaves 30 ms for
the encoder to encode the frame (right?) at a correct framerate.
When I run the program, the loop (image-generation + encoding) takes about 2.5
sec and the video plays back too fast (because of frame dropping I suppose).
I tried to look up the length of the video but I couldn't find out how
(mplayer says it's 0:00). I guess it's around 2 sec, but in theory it should
be less, I think, because of the frame dropping.

I don't really have a specific question, but can someone explain to me what's
happening in this encoding-process?

Bram