[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg doesn't compile on Mac OS X anymore...

Diego Biurrun diego
Fri Oct 7 15:50:12 CEST 2005

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 09:15:09PM +0100, Patrice Bensoussan wrote:

> It looks like there are two issues when trying to compile on Mac OS X
> Tiger :
>
> 1/ When using gcc 3.3, I reach the linking stage but get :
>
> cc -Wl,-dynamic,-search_paths_first -dynamiclib -Wl,-single_module,-
> undefined,dynamic_lookup -flat_namespace -Wl,-install_name,/usr/local/
> lib/vhook/null.dylib -g -o null.dylib null.o
> ld: flag: -undefined dynamic_lookup can't be used with
> MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable set to: 10.1
> /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
> make[1]: *** [null.dylib] Error 1

Yes, that's an issue.  You can work around it with

export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3

Does anybody know how to fix this properly?

> 2/ When using gcc 4.0, compilation aborts with the error (this is
> only a warning with gcc 3)
>
> make -C libavutil all
> cc -g -Wall -Wno-switch  -no-cpp-precomp -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -
> force_cpusubtype_ALL -Wno-sign-compare -faltivec -Os -mdynamic-no-pic
> -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -I.. -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -
> D_GNU_SOURCE  -c -o mathematics.o mathematics.c
> In file included from mathematics.c:24:
> common.h:551: error: static declaration of 'lrintf' follows non-
> static declaration
> make[1]: *** [mathematics.o] Error 1

That's strange, does the lrintf check in configure fail for you then?

Diego