[Ffmpeg-devel] FLX Test Files

mplayer at sakuraindustries.com mplayer
Sat Oct 8 07:12:45 CEST 2005

God that multi post thing is embarrassing. I am really really sorry
about that.

Ive put some test images up on my company ftp server.

ftp://ftp.sakuraindustries.com/pub/

There is dta30.zip which is a Shareware (1999 Vintage) DOS and Windows
Encoder for these files, which I just found today.  It will allow me to
create 24Bpp FLX's, so once i get back from my business trip, i will
enhance my patch to include playback of these 24Bpp files.

Also in this directory is test_flx.tgz which contains a number of test
FLX's.  Its a sample video I use for testing (From ULEAD Media Studio),
i dont think i breach any copyright by dealing with this file like
this.  Its a simple scene of flowers moving in the wind.

All the files are 200x80 pixels in size.  I will create different size
files with different scenes for further testing when i get back (Various
sizes from 64x8 - 1024x768)

 8,15 and 16Bpp animations encoded by DTA seems to work just fine. These
are called:
  Size          Name
-----------     ------------
  6952680       Flowers-DTA-15Bpp.flh
  7422916       Flowers-DTA-16Bpp.flh
  4501183       Flowers-DTA-8Bpp.flc
  3072883       Flowers-DTA-8Bpp-Single.flc

16Bpp animations encoded by EGI seems to work just fine. this test is
called:

  6698228       flowers_egi1.flc

15Bpp FLX animations encoded by ULEAD Media Studio Pro seem to work just
fine. this test is called:

  8283878       flowers.flx

8Bpp FLC animations encoded by ULEAD Media Studio Pro seem to work just
fine. this test is called:

  4452160       flowers.flc

Steven