[Ffmpeg-devel] Compile ffmpeg for Windows

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Tue Oct 11 15:02:28 CEST 2005

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 01:05:28PM +0200, Michael Pfeiffer wrote:
>
>>I try to compile ffmpeg for Windows but with no success.
>>
>>I'm using Cygwin and tried it with several combinations
>

> FFmpeg has not yet been ported to Cygwin.  Patches welcome.
>
> Try using MinGW in the meantime.
>
> Diego

Even mingw is not very good right now. Without --enable-shared, all goes
well, but with --enable-shared you dont get the linking you expect:
avcodec.dll contains avutil.dll, avformat.dll contains avutil and
avcodec, etc. I have posted that I have reached a point where a *policy*
decision, i.e. a ukase by core members, is needed. See a message of mine
with 'policy' in the subject. Until I have it, I'm stuck...

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director
E mailto:mbardiaux at mediaxim.be