[Ffmpeg-devel] mpeg4 avi, corrupted frames when CODEC_FLAG_TRUNCATED is set

Stefan Lucke stefan
Sat Oct 22 00:42:31 CEST 2005

On Freitag, 21. Oktober 2005 11:45, Stefan Lucke wrote:
> Quoting Colin Ward:

> > > The demuxers will have to specify whether they return complete frames
> > > or not.
> >
> >    And I take it from your use of the future tense that this is not done
> > yet?  :-)
> >

> To my simple opinion this should be taken as a hint (clearing CODEC_FLAG_TRUNCATED).
>
> >    Wouldn't that mean that it is not possible to play all formats
> > without one or another of them giving problems if the flag is set, and a
> > different one or another of them giving problems if it is not?
> >

> Again, presenting a sequence of chunks (1.1, 1.2, .. 2.1, 2.2, ..) should result
> in the same output frames as just presenting chunk 1, 2, .. , and any other result
> is to my simple opinion an error in the internal framer.
>
> I'll do some tests when I'm back home.

Done. The internal framer seems to be ok. But the number of consumed
byte is not. I changed the test sequence of get_consumed_bytes()
to first check CODEC_FLAG_TRUNCATED and than s->divx_packed.
By that this stream plays fine with and without CODEC_FLAG_TRUNCATED.
See attached diff.

--
Stefan Lucke