[Ffmpeg-devel] OS/X - undefined symbols due to strip'd shared libs

Joeri van Oostveen zokdok
Mon Oct 24 11:21:35 CEST 2005

well maybe, I can't get any software to compile which needs the ffmpeg
as a shared library...
I think I forgot to mention I'm running MacOS X 10.4.2.

The software I'm trying to compile is:
ffmpeg-php (a php extension for interfacing with ffmpeg)
or
php itself, with the option ffmpeg=yes :)

I got my info from this site:
http://ffmpeg-php.sourceforge.net/

I think the problem lies somewhere with MacOS X, but as I'm a PHP /
ActionScript developer, I really don't know what I'm doing, and I try
to follow some step by step compile this software thing.. :)
I need to test this software / extension, before I can come to the
admins I need this and that, only to find out it doesn't work, or it
doesn't suit the needs.

To get to the point, I want to call to ffmpeg from within PHP (or at
least, from scripts to PHP). To get ffmpeg to do some parsing of video
files and generating a jpg preview file etc. And I think I'm always
reinventing this again, as most likely somebody else has already made
this, but I can't find an open source / code example for this :)

Thanks in advance.
Joeri