[Ffmpeg-devel] Does FLAC decoder support 24-bit files?

Dave Chapman dave
Tue Oct 25 18:42:55 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've been using the decoder (stripped out of ffmpeg itself) for a FLAC
decoder as part of the port of the Rockbox firmware to the iRiver
H120/H140 players - http://www.rockbox.org

The decoder works very well (its simplicity means it is far better
suited to embedded use than libFLAC), but I am having problems get
24-bit files to play.

My question is whether this is likely to be a problem with something
I've done, or if it's a known limitation of the decoder itself.

Thanks,

Dave.