[Ffmpeg-devel] switch to svn

Attila Kinali attila
Sat Oct 29 19:39:26 CEST 2005

Moin Michael!

How is it going?

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:31:12 +0200
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> yes if the following things are possible with svn (AFAIK they are but ive
> no experience with svn as a developer and know little of how svn works
> internally ...)
>
> * moving files without breaking history, that means we can checkout stuff prior
> to the move and afterwards and each tree will be fine, with cvs that works by
> coping the files on the server and cvs removing the old one

That's possible (anything else would defeat the purpose of svn).
even branching (ok, copying (svn cp)) preserves history.

> * merging stuff, so for example we can import the cvs or svn of lets say
> libmpeg2 into mplayer while preserving the history, with cvs thats easy

I dont know whether it is possible to merge svn repos into
svn, but it's possible with cvs repos, given that the repo files
are available.

				Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu